Friday 26 August 2016

Birthday Bike cards

 Hello Blog Readers,

Thank you for stopping by.
Today I thought I would show you 2 cards I made for my Sons birthday.  As you will guess from the theme of the 2 cards, he loves to ride his bikes, so much so, that he is going to be cycling from
Lands End to John O'Groats over 9 days, in September.

Anyway, back to the card,  The bike die is a signature die by Joanna Sheen.  I made the first card to look like a shop front window, the letters and birthday sentiments are dies from Robert Addams.



 I cut strips of thin brown card and taped them to some acetate which I curved to give a bowed window effect.


I then had a request from my daughter-in-law asking for me to make a card from her.  I used the same bike die but I cut it twice, once in grey and then in black.  I then cut up the black bike and just used some parts to highlight the tyres, seat, handlebars and water bottle.


I cut up an old road map to use for the background and to make a mini road map.
My daughter-in-law was very happy with the end product.


Thank you again for popping by, please leave a comment, it is nice to know who looks in.

Enjoy your bank holiday weekend x
Sally x

No comments:

Post a Comment